If you are feeling so low that suicide seems like an answer, STOP and call for help. SUICIDE IS FOREVER! Your problem may be temporary.
If you think a friend may be suicidal, don’t be afraid to ask! If you think a friend may be suicidal, don’t be afraid to tell!
You or your friend CAN be helped. In fact, telling another person is really a way of reaching out for help. Words and actions can provide clues:
- Has your friend or have you ever threatened or attempted suicide before?
- Does your friend or do you seem very depressed or withdrawn?
- Does your friend or do you have a plan to commit suicide?
- Does your friend or do you have a way to put that plan into action?
- Does your friend or do you talk about a time when you will not be alive?
- Has your friend or have you given away cherished items?
- Has your friend or have you written a suicide note?
REMEMBER, IT IS BETTER TO CALL A CRISIS HOTLINE OR TELL A TRUSTED ADULT THAN TO DO NOTHING.
In an emergency call 911.
24/7 Crisis Text line24/7 Crisis Text line
text “HOME” to 741741
Common GroundCommon Ground
24-Hour Crisis Counseling
Mental Health Screening
National Suicide Prevention HotlineNational Suicide Prevention Hotline
24-hour crisis hotline
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ChatNational Suicide Prevention Lifeline Chat